You might decide to run more than one Chrome profile from your computer. (It’s a great way to split entities or business and personal interests.)
You might also prefer a shortcut to your Chrome profiles on your desktop.
But maybe you removed the shortcut the system created when you first installed Chrome.
Here’s how to get your Chrome profile shortcut back on your desktop:
(I’m using an instance of Chrome where I’m not signed into any of my profiles.)
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Click on the 3-dot menu at the top right-hand side of the browser.
- Click on settings.
- In the current iteration of Chrome (Version 69.0.3497.81), clicking on “Settings” inside an instance you’re not signed into, pops open a settings page in a new tab.
- Click on “Chrome name and picture”.
- Click on the button on the right-hand side of the box. It’s in line with the text, “Show desktop shortcut”.
- Make sure it turns blue when you click on it.
- You’ll now have a Chrome shortcut for this Chrome profile on your desktop.